Career Opportunities in Greater Palm Springs
With its attitude of “chill,” extraordinary natural beauty and more than 300 days of sunshine each year, you might want to relocate to California for one of these opportunities with the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
This position is responsible for Administrating the CVB’s human resource functions by planning, developing and coordinating policies, procedures. Legal compliance, recruitment, benefits, leaves and compensation.
- Coordinate and administer the CVB’s human resources functions including: recruitment and selection, benefit programs, workers compensation and leaves, position management, compensation, labor negotiations, and employee relations and development.
- Plan and participate in the recruitment and selection of job applicants; develop job descriptions, perform job analysis, prepare job announcements, prepare and coordinate advertising material, respond to requests for information regarding job openings.
- Coordinate and administer CVB employee benefit programs including life, health, pension and disability insurance programs; administer claims processing and premium compilation and payment; counsel employees regarding benefit programs; maintain other work life benefits and programs; coordinate open enrollment and renewals.
- Provide information and general assistance to CVB staff regarding human resource policies and procedures; answer questions and provide information regarding personnel actions, employee records, benefits and other related matters; resolve complaints efficiently and timely.
- Conduct salary, benefit and classification surveys; compute and compile survey data and results; recommend modifications to administrative programs, policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Assist and develop effective new hire and separation programs; coordinate new hire and separations; develop effective programs and information; recommend enhancements and modifications as appropriate.
- Coordinate and monitor employee leave programs including: workers compensation, FMLA, CFRA and other CVB programs; ensure compliance with regulations; process employee leave claims, assist employees as necessary.
- Participate and maintain safety programs including: safely committee, training, compliance and documentation.
- Assist with employee relations programs, training and performance planning; provide guidance to Departments on evaluations and counseling; develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Prepare various forms of correspondence including letters, reports, bulletins, announcements and memoranda; provide salary or negotiation information and employment verification information to other agencies as requested; maintain records and reports.
- Set-up and maintain confidential personnel records for CVB employees including documentation of appointments, transfers, salary, vacation and sick leave, maintain a variety of files.
- Supervise the Receptionist/Visitor Assistance and Operations Coordinator positions.
- Assist with the staff planning, training, budgeting, administrative duties and other Human Resource functions as necessary.
Perform related duties as assigned. Employee must be flexible to changing policies and procedures, as well as varying deadlines.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if appropriate)
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with CVB policies and Federal/State laws. On a consistent basis, must provide comfortable work environment, clear communication, training, direction, guidelines, goals, coordination, evaluation, discipline, payroll information, etc. as related to the departmental goals and objectives. Responsibilities include budgeting, financial oversight, interviewing, hiring, terminations, addressing concerns and resolving problems.
Assumes personal responsibility for the success of all projects and initiatives; develops better ways to use CVB resources; adjusts priorities to meet emerging needs. Facilitates open communication to resolve complex issues; encourages others to participate in discussions; facilitates communication among assigned staff and keeps management informed of critical issues. Promotes an atmosphere that establishes customer satisfaction as a key value in the organization; uses customer information and feedback to recommend changes and set goals for continuous improvement.
Challenges staff to strive for continuous improvement; helps others to grow within the CVB through encouragement, coaching, and by suggesting educational/training opportunities; builds effective relationships across the department and outside the CVB.
Maintains a positive, upbeat attitude and role in the organization. Promotes and exemplifies CVB values; represents departmental objectives and interests to internal operations and external customers and relationships.
Commitment to Service
Follows up on telephone calls, e-mails, requests, complaints and challenges; responds quickly to internal and external needs. Develops and promotes teamwork and cooperation among fellow workers and managers/supervisors. Shows an appropriate sense of urgency in completing work and addressing the needs of the department.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Six (6) years of increasing responsible human resources experience, including three years of administrative and management responsibility. Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, human resources management or a related field. Society of Human Resources Management professional certification desirable.
Must be able to read and write at a high school diploma level. Must be able to analyze and interpret general business information, technical procedures related to the job functions and to governmental regulations. Ability to create business reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals/memoranda. Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from clients, managers, colleagues and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts for budgets, pricing, sales, reports, discounts, percentages as required for the position.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a multitude of variables including, but not limited to, information submitted in oral, written, diagram, report or spreadsheet form.
Required Technical / Other Skills / Licenses
Proficient with business machines such as copy, fax, printer, desktop computers, laptops and cell phones. Proficient with most commonly used business software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and any other software programs that are essential to the job function.
Must have a valid driver license and current automobile liability insurance that meets or exceeds California requirements. A clear Motor Vehicle Record is required. Updated MVRs may be collected periodically. Certain other valid licenses or permits may be required for specific job functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit and stand, use hands and finger dexterity; reach with hands and arms; frequently required to walk and stand for long periods of time; occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop or lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet.
Employee is required to comply with established safe work practices and attend safety-related training provided or made available by the CVB.
This position has access to confidential information
All resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Communications Coordinator will assist and coordinate media activities and events to promote Greater Palm Springs as a premier destination for media, visitors and convention/meeting groups. The Communications Coordinator will build and maintain relationships with CVB partners, as well as local, regional and international media outlets to secure opportunities for exposure of Greater Palm Springs.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Assist with the logistics and operations of the Communications team, including scheduling and administrative tasks.
- Maintain the master department calendar and travel schedule for the Communications team; assisting with pre/post trip reports as needed.
- Daily maintenance of Media/PR and FAM database, as well as all media lists.
- Generate monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reports.
- Plan, coordinate and confirm inbound media and FAM itineraries.
- Monitor and file all press clips in CRM with appropriate source codes, regions and ratings; load selected articles to the “In-the-News” section of the CVB website.
- Assist with the distribution of PR content to the website, TravMedia and Cision (such as: media alerts, media newsletters and press releases).
- Process and track expenses for the Communications budget.
- Assist with press events and conferences.
- Write drafts of media releases and pitches as requested.
- Proactively perform duties for the Communications team.
- Conduct research on destination, content creators, journalists and media outlets.
- Represent the CVB as one of Communication team points of contact.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with CVB partner’s Marketing and PR representatives.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications, Communications Manager, Social Media Manager and Digital Content Manager to implement strategies to promote the brand and the image of the destination.
- Flexible scheduling may be requested for destination visits and media activities.
Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in communications, public relations or related discipline with 1-3 years of relevant experience required.
Resumes accepted only by e-mail: DesertEmails@gmail.com
Click on the logos below to take a look at other opportunities throughout Greater Palm Springs.